any body have any good wedding ideas?

my wedding is feb 13 and i have no clue how to put this togeather so does any one know any websites or anthing that can help?

angel_megan

Asked by angel_megan at 6:46 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• theknot.com
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I planned my wedding mostly by myself. DH was overseas so he wasn't around to help and we didn't have the money to hire a wedding planner.
    First you need to decide how much money you plan on spending. And then remind yourself that you will probably spend more then that so make sure you make the best estimate possible.
    Then decide if you'll be having a small wedding or a large one.
    Are you going to buy a dress or wear one you already have? Does it have to be white? How many brides maids are you going to have. How many grooms men will he have?
    Color theme? Where are you going to have the wedding. A small church? a neighbors backyard? a restaurant?
    Food is usually one of the largest expenses for a wedding. My sister did a potluck wedding. It worked well.
    There's lots to think about.
    Good luck!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:52 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• You should do a pirate theme!!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:08 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Usually bridal magazines have a few pages on what to do when on a time line basis. If you can afford it get a wedding planner, if not decide if you want a big or small wedding first of all. Your dress doesn't have to cost a fortune if you shop wisely (in my opinion, save money for the future or on a house than spending $2000 on a dress your going to wear for 6 hours). A friend of mine just got married a few weeks ago and found some great deals on photography and a clergyman etc. off Craigslist.com and was very happy. There are people out there just starting out on small business' that need a job and will work with you,so make sure you do a lot of research. You could make your own bouquet's with artificial flowers which would keep the cost down. Shop during prom season (or just after) for dresses at dept. stores and not bridal shops (but, your getting married before that, so that doesn't help, sorry!) BTW, Congratulations!
    Carkar69

Answer by Carkar69 at 7:16 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I went to a thrift store and found a bridal book for a quarter. It helped alot. DH and I ended up getting our invites and thank you notes from WalMart on clearance. Our unity candle from the local Hallmark Store. The 2 candles you light it with 2 for $1 at Family Dollar. We decided not to use real flowers, we used artificial. I was not going to be in a white wedding gown. I wasn't going to waste the money. Ended up going to Herbergers and found a dress that I can wear again for less than $90. DH didn't wear a tux. Just a dress shirt and slacks. We had no dance which is the way we wanted it. Just had a quick ceremony at church, the meal at the same church, and opened most of our presents there. We only had aprx 50 people there. Thank God. We weren't even in debt getting married.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 7:47 PM on Nov. 1, 2009