Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1ST BIRTHDAY; PIRATE THEMED?

Alright, my son is turning 1 year old, in February.. Keep in mind, we live in SOUTH FLORIDA!
We have a huge blow-up pool, that we are filling up with those little, plastic, chuck-e-cheese like balls. We are of course sending out pirate invites, but we are having over 50 people come. I need ideas for decorations, party favors, as well as what to put out for food. Most attendees will be adults, only about 7 will be children. We're trying not to spend a fortune because there will be so many people coming...
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance ladies :D

Answer Question
 
shessohippie

Asked by shessohippie at 6:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • I would try to find or make some eye patches for the kids. Maybe make a pin the parrot on the pirate game?
    Frogbaby83

    Answer by Frogbaby83 at 6:51 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

  • I would personally scale down the party. Your little one will most likely be overwhelmed by the huge crowd.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

  • 80% is his family coming in from different states (my family) the other 20% are his in-laws and 2 family friends. He actually loves being around a lot of people. He seems to enjoy all the people trying to play with him at once, it's so cute! He usually crawls away and when somebody's there when he tries to turn (which there always is) he starts laughing hysterically and turns and tries to crawl somewhere else, where of course somebody else is.. and it happens over and over.
    shessohippie

    Answer by shessohippie at 6:57 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

  • For my LO first birthday we had a safari theme. We went very generic on the dercore. and only had a themed table cloth for the gift table and centerpieces for the other tables. We also had blow up monkeys (Maybe you could find parrots stuffed animals or blow ups) on the tables and hanging around that second as party favors for the 8 kids(about 35 adults). Food wise we intentionally made the party at 2-4:30 so it wasn't a time where a meal would be expected. We had sandwich pin wheels, chips, fruit and of course the cake. You may also want to get some boxes and let the older kids(If there are any) have hand at building their own pirate ship to keep them occupied. Get some boxes and paper, glue, chalk and markers.
    But_Mommie

    Answer by But_Mommie at 7:12 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

  • Pin the eye patch on the pirate would be fun. For food I would go like Italian. Baked ziti, meatballs, some garlic bread and salad mmmm. Its Cheap and EASY!!!!!
    Jillybeans24

    Answer by Jillybeans24 at 8:13 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN