Oh the drama...

I'm just wondering if it's just my friends or just my luck, or if this happens to everyone. When you host a party at your house with friends, do you have a lot of drama going on? I sure seem to. I keep hoping we could have a nice fun time and just chill out and have some fun, but someone stirs up some drama any time our friends all get together. Or maybe its just really true about military wives, always in the drama lol.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 6:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it depends completely on who you have chosen as friends... I've had many different groups and types of friends through my life, and I've noticed that there are certain types of people that just cause drama WHEREVER they go, and there are other types of people that seem to repel drama. I've chosen the latter for the most part as the people I try to hang onto the most. Its rare that you will get a whole group together that is drama free, but something I've noticed is that, if you have a group that is mostly made up of drama-free ppl, those who like to cause drama won't have much ammo to use to stir something up. And they settle down b/c of it.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 9:51 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Not really, but most of our friends are guys, and guys don't cause drama ;)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Not at our house. We would never invite someone back that caused drama before. The minute drama started my husband would escort them to the door or call a taxi.Period. Over time people know that we don't play high school soap opera games or entertain those who do. My husband spent 30 yrs in the Navy. We had exactly one party where 'drama' happened in 28 yrs of marriage. I think you may need to choose your guest list more carefully.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• decide who the drama-queen(s) is/are, and don't include them.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Yeah its hard when you move every 3-4 years to be extremely particular about who you are friends with, but I think that keeping gatherings small (one or two families at a time) will help to prevent that in the future.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:12 AM on Nov. 2, 2009