if you could put the feeling into words what does contractions feel like?

I know its different for everyone
in fact I had my membranes stripped and had a HUGE contraction during it and this pain was not something I could really describe

but thats the only real contraction I have ever noticed

so what do they feel like when they are actual labor contractions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• For me it was like the worse menstural cramps I've ever had.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 7:13 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• it felt like bad bowl movement cramps sort of. or like a charlie horse only in my belly. intense and painful but not as painful as i expected honestly :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 7:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• cramps - like you're about to pass a really big tampon that's too big.
    Anonymous

• cramping lower back and belly
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 7:16 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I was lucky enough to not have back labor but they still suuuucked once my water broke!! I know this sounds wierd but kinda like the worst orgasms ever just because when they do come its like a wave. They start really slow then hit there peak abd then they ease up and stop.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 7:16 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• like someone had shoved a weedwacker into my uteris and kept turning it on and off for about 6 hours.
    Anonymous

• god felt like my whole inside was going to explode an there was nothing i can do about it
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 7:52 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I didn't have contraction pain. It was just an uncontrollable urge to push -- like passing a big stool.

What hurt for me was not the contractions at all, but the baby descending through the birth canal. The pressure on my rectum and tail bone was unrelenting and felt like my butt was splitting in half. I was passing stool a lot. She had her hand near her face and her ead was tilted a bit so that's why it was extra painful as her head descended.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Really strong menstrual cramps, but with more whole body involvement. For me it was also kind of like heat bands around my back to my belly. Practice your breathing exercises because they do help when you are persistent with using them.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 8:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• One big charlie horse, on differents section off tummy, coming and going.

Answer by older at 8:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2009