Sleeping and pooping?

My 2 yr old son slept through the night on oct 30, into the 31st. We woke him up at 4:30 to go to the in-laws' for our annual 1st day of Hunting season breakfast, he slept most of the day, and was super fussy when he was awake. Last night we went to bed around 9, and he slept almost through the day. He hasn't really eaten anything new, but he has been eating more. This morning he had the runs..yucky really soupy, smelly runs. He's had 4 really messy diapers. I'm kind of worried. He's been resisting waking up a lot harder than usual, and he's never had runny poop like this.. should I call the dr, or wait it out a few more days as long as he keeps eating and drinking?

BisketLiss

Asked by BisketLiss at 7:09 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would definately call the Dr! The diarhhea wouldn't be my main concern, but the sleeping, and not wanting to wake up, that is something to be concerned about. He could possibly be going through a growth spurt, and that could be the reason he is acting this way. Just to be safe though, I would have him checked out by his ped. Hope your little one gets to feeling better soon:)
    KMG0124

Answer by KMG0124 at 7:12 PM on Nov. 1, 2009