mixed days and nights.. im goin crazy!!

My son is in the habit of staying up til 6am, sleeping a few hours, then getting up, then he wont take a nap til around 1. Then he'll stay up til 6am!!!! I have tried to keep him awake for as long as possible, but i just cant. I have things to do during the day, and the lack of sleep is driving me up the wall!! What to I do???????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Take time off from those things to do. I know it's difficult, but seriously, for your sake and his, you need to do this. Keep him up all day, allow a 1 hr nap midday or so, around lunch is a good time. Put him to bed around 9, wake him up around 8 at the latest. If you stick to it for a few days, he'll eventually get into the habit.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 7:13 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• i know this sounds crazy,but i was always told to flip them over gently though.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:11 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Make sure you set up some sort of rountine. Feed him dinner. Give him a nice warm bath. Apply some lavender lotion. Pajamas. Read a story book. Then lights out. After 7pm, make sure you turn down the lights, shut off the television, and put away toys. Make night time as relaxing as possible. Also, if he refuses to go to bed, make sure it is as boring as possible. No toys. No games and sillyness. Make sure he goes to bed at the same time every night. Keep putting him back to bed. Keep intereaction to minimal. Don't say anything after the third time you have to lay him back down. Don't encourage tantrums or protesting with anything verbal. Pretty soon he will find it so boring he will just go to sleep. During the daytime, keep things stimulating and busy. Lots of noise, intereaction, laughter, etc. It takes time.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 9:08 PM on Nov. 1, 2009