so embarrassed, but.....

I've had two yeast infections with this pregnancy (which I never had before) and now it seems I have like hemmoriods or something (yuck! and sorry) but is this normal? The doc said the yeast infect. were just from hormones, but I'm too embarrassed to ask about the hemoroids or whatever it is!! I'm overdue by a week, and I'm so frustrated my body is betraying me in some new awful way every day lately! And I don't know if this is something anyone else has experienced. I knew hemorroids could happen AFTER labor, but before?? and has anyone else ever had yeast infections while preggers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• not to add to the tmi, but if you've been constipated, then yes it could happen b4 labor. those are caused by stress to the blood vessels. so pushing too hard to go #2, could cause the hemmoroids. but dont be embarrassed, i'm sure you're dr has heard way worse. if you dont want to ask, then go to the store, get some tucks, and go through the self-checkout line! gl dear! and heres to a more enjoyable pregnancy!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 7:33 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• thank you- I just feel like a freak of nature! So much weird stuff happening!! And this isn't my first pregnancy but this is by far the weirdest and the worst. And being overdue I find myself frustrated with my body and even this baby a bit! Everyday that I wake up still pregnant I cry- partly because I'm dying to have this baby and partly because I fear what gross thing will happen next, lol....so there I am crying in my shower every morning! ugh.....
    Anonymous

• i am pregnant and have a yeast infection. i have not had a yeast infection for years. :( and i'm hoping i don't get another during this pregnancy
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 7:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• dont worry you will have your baby soon! and you're not overdue until 42 weeks :) if that makes you feel any better which i doubt it does ;)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 7:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Quoting Stefanie83-
    "dont worry you will have your baby soon! and you're not overdue until 42 weeks :) if that makes you feel any better which i doubt it does ;)"

Thank you, I think I'm just being impatient and I have really come to hate my bulk, my inability to tie my shoes, or sleep comfortably, and you see that date on the calendar and you think "then it'll be over" but then .....it's not, lol....I'm just stressed and tired and I'm sure hormonal as hell.....thanks so much for taking the time to respond, I appreciate at least not feeling alone.
    Anonymous

• oh yea i know it is easy to get impatient at the end. it's easy for me at 6 weeks to say be patient but i might be singing a different tune in 34 weeks! lol. my 2 year old son was born at 41 weeks. i didn't get a yeast infection with that pregnancy and i hope this is my last for the next 10 years. :P
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 7:47 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I had a yeast infection while pregnant. I also had hemorroids, which were really bad in my ninth ( tenth ) month. I had hemorroids right after I delivered too. It's all totally normal and safe to treat. Tucks pads, witch hazel, preparation H....make sure you stock up because you're likely to have hemorroids from the strain of pushing to show up after delivery if you are having them now especially. They will go away with treatment-nothing to worry about. Just try to stay comfortable and take care of yourself and you will be fine.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 8:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• i also recommend tucks pads for after delivery. i didn't have hemorroids but i used them, and they really helped me feel better down there =)
    Anonymous

• oo anon 7:11 is right....it feels a lot better. and i always forget that stuff they spray on the cold compress to help......grr but its a numbing agent...that stuff was my fave
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 8:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• hems are normal for pregos, i havent gotten any yet at 39 weeks but there's still time for everything

dont ever be embarassed with your doctor :( just use medical terminology and be strong.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2009