my child yells all the time any help to stop it?

so i am a yeller but about 4 mo. ago i realized it was hurting my relationship so i cut down. i dont yell as often and i talk instead but it rubbed off on my child and i dont know what to do. he yells things he wants instead of asking, and when he says thank you he has an attitude.

rosepetalluv

Asked by rosepetalluv at 7:31 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• IGNORE the yelling. Tell her you will talk with her when she talks to you nicely and that you were wrong to yell at people because it isn't nice to do.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• LOL... I try to ignore the yelling, but there comes a point where it gets so obnoxious, you just can't ignore it any more. I swear, my 4 year old has 2 levels. Loud and louder. LOL I hope it is just a stage, but with 4 kids, it might just be the only way she ever gets heard. LOL I wish I had better advice, but at least you know you're not alone here. :)
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 12:39 AM on Nov. 2, 2009