Breaking the co-sleep habit?

I have a almost 3 year old daughter, whom has co-slept with us pretty much since she has been born. And now I want to break it. We are wanting to have another baby, and I would really like our daughter to sleep in her own room. I have tried several different things and nothing seems to work. She is in a twin size bed so just leaving her won't work. I have even tried giving her money if she sleeps all night in her room, so she can buy a toy. And she won't do it. She doesn't have a fav toy and anything she sleeps with, she just likes to hold my hand. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Any suggestions??? Need some good night sleep without gettin hit in the middle of the night.

yummymummy7

Asked by yummymummy7 at 7:35 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Try the process slowly. If you have room put her bed next to yours in your room. Slowly move it further and further away until she is in her own room. Also if you can make a big deal out of her "big girl" room. Decorate and have her help pick out new bedding. Once she is finally in her own room maybe reward her with a new toy or something.
    Anonymous

• This is what I did you have to be persistant and when it is bed time you read her a story or however u put her to bed give her a kiss and tell you u will see her in the morning. When she gets up the first 2 times you have to tell her to stay in bed just put her there and walk out. After the 2nd time you dont say anything at all. just keep putting her in bed. She will eventually tire and fall asleep. Everyday do this and it will get easier I promise just dont give in. Any questions or if I left something out send me a message I would love to help u. My kids were just like ur would not take any bribes.
    missjenna21

Answer by missjenna21 at 10:53 PM on Nov. 1, 2009