what are some good body care and grooming habits to follow?

I was never raise with a lady hould do this or that ..... I brush my teeth , brush my hair , wash my face and hands ... but now i have a little girl ... and i want to raise her with good grooming habits .... so that later on she wont be like me .. wanting to be more lady like but not knowing where to start ... please help

scared19yrold

Asked by scared19yrold at 7:43 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• *keep your skin looking good - remember to use lotion
    *make sure you smell nice - remember deorant and light perfume ( dont over do it)
    * body hair removal is important - remember to remove all unwanted hair
    * keep nails tidy - short and clean, push back cuticles, polish and nail brush when washing hands
    *hair clean and neat - wash every other day, brush daily
    *oral care is vital - brush 3 times a day ,remember to floss and use mouth wash
    * drink lots of water - average aduld should dringk like a gallon a day
    *get a good nights sleep - 9 or more hours is good
    *stay healthy- exercise 3-5 times a day
    * be sonfident - good posture , firm hand shake and good eye contact
    Anonymous

• The list above is good. Don't forget to laugh often and don't take yourself and teach her not to take herself seriously. To many women do. Good supportive bras and heals when she is ready. have fun with it. Give each other manicures and pedicures and do each others hair. If you don't know, get a book on braids that helps with the cute girlie look. Also when I was younger I was told ladys sit with there angles cross not there legs, I of course crossed my legs. Sorry if I veered off course. I have two little girls, enjoy yours. If you have any other girly question feel free to ask.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:47 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I was never much into hairstyles until I was older and have learned a lot of tips and tricks off of youtube. I bet there is a ton of things they can teach other than just that too!
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 10:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• My mom was the same way, but I learned everything from my friends and people around me. If you want her to learn, but don't know what to do yourself encourage her to hang around and sleep over her friends houses. That is what I did. Once I turned 16, I started working at the mall at a clothing store (where I gained a fashion sense) and then Sephora (where I learned about make-up and skincare). If the girly stuff is her style, then she will pick it up naturally. I hope this helps!
    Kleinma5

Answer by Kleinma5 at 3:18 PM on Nov. 3, 2009