have you tried Blue or Black Cohosh for inuction?

what was your outcome
Some websites have given warning to using this method and to not experiment unless your doctor knows
and then others say as long as you're term then its okay

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you are healthy and at term, be sure to be attended by someone who can monitor your vitals.
    You can do it in the doctor/midwife's office where they can watch over you and monitor your blood pressure.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• No, I tried raspberry leaf tea and when I went to the doctor the next day, I was 3 1/2 centimeters already. Granted, I was 5 days overdue. I was desperate and looking online for natural ways to induce labor and Blue & Black Cohosh were some of the things you could try, but most websites cautioned against it. Whatever you do, don't try castor oil, it'll give you terrible diarrhea and vomiting!!! I didn't try it myself but I have a friend who did, and she regretted it!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 8:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• The cohosh family can cause bleeding. I would not would not would not.

My mom swears by her "scooting" trick her OB taught her:

Sit cross legged on the carpet. Cross your arms over your chest. Use your stomach muscles to scoot your butt across the floor. You need to scoot for about 10 minutes. Yes, there will be thumping. Wait 2 hours and try again. Sent my mom into labor and lil bro was born 5 hours later, no problems, no meds. All 9 lbs 8 oz of him.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:06 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I would never attempt to use any herb unless under a licensed herbalist's instructions. There are easy to find and many offer classes to teach you some things along the lines of safe herbal usage.
    annaica

Answer by annaica at 9:11 PM on Nov. 1, 2009