When do you mom's celebrate your summer babies birthday once they start school?

My son's b-day is July 15th. We usually have a family party for him, but now that he has started kindergarten I wanted to know if I should have his party at the very beginning of school or at the end? He wants classmates to go now. I know, silly question but all my others are during the school tear!

silly7

Asked by silly7 at 8:17 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My son's b-day is July 12, we celebrate it early while school is still in, or just after it lets out. My kids school generally goes to pretty much the end of June depending on the days of week, last year their last day was the 29th, so it's not like we're going too early. But we do try and do it by the mid 20's of June. So many families go away or have plans right after school lets out, so that last week or two of school is the best time for us to have his party.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 8:27 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• You could always get phone numbers of your ds's friends. Invite them to his party. My boys get b'day invites during the summer. They look forward to seeing their friends because they haven't seen them for a while. One of their favorite places to go is to the community pool.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:02 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• My oldest's birthday is June 28 and we only celebrate on her birthday. She doesn't even bring in treats during the last week of school when they celebrate June birthdays (we usually forget because there is so much going on).
    But, then again, we don't do parties for the kids. Their birthday celebration is dinner out with the family, cake and gifts. Maybe a close friend or something but definitely not the whole class.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:39 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• My birthday is June 22nd and growing up we always celebrated it on June 22nd. It's much EASIER than a school-year birthday because you don't have to find a Saturday closest to your birthday to celebrate -- kids are out of school anyway, so just have the party on the afternoon of their birthday. :P
    ddmac314

Answer by ddmac314 at 9:15 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• This hasn't happened to me yet--my summer boy was born July 24 and I will continue to celebrate his birthday during July as close to his actual birthday as possible. Just get numbers of his friends and call them. My oldest son's birthday usually falls during Spring Break so that's even harder because everyone goes away!
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 10:09 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• i dont have a kid with a bday in the summer, but if i did......i would have the party in june before school is out. its just easier that way. i know 3 kids all with bdays right before or after christmas, and alll of the their parties are between the middle of november and the first week of december..cuz they know its to busy to do it at a later date..sooo same idea for summer..kids go away during summer..its easier to do it before school ends.
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:55 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• It's so hard the first year of school when you have a summer birthday and you'll be meeting lots of new friends! My son just started kindergarten as well, and because of this we have NO phone numbers for any of his new friends (the directory doesn't come out for a while). Sooo... we decided to wait from August until November to have his party. He likes to invite ALL of his friends, and I do mean ALL, so I wanted him to have a chance to make his new friends first LOL.
    crittermomma

Answer by crittermomma at 11:45 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• in the summer on her birthday. Why give you child two celebrations? And besides most schools are cutting out treats on birthdays.
    Anonymous

• Jaydin's teacher celebrates the summer birthday's on the child's 1/2 birthday. For example... my bday is July 21st so I would celebrate mine on Jan 21st. You could do a classroom thing on his/her half birthday and then a regular party with friends & family on his real birthday.
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 4:01 PM on Nov. 3, 2009