When do you put up your Christmas tree and decorations?

We usually start decorating the weekend after Thanksgiving. I was wondering when everone else decorated.

mammafox

Asked by mammafox at 8:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Holidays

• i do it a week before december, my family make a big thing out of it and get together to do it
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 8:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I don't even have a tree..So I don't know.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 8:27 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I always do it the day after thanksgiving. Go shopping and come home and put up the tree to offically start the christmas season.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 8:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• We do it the weekend before christmas. With 3 dogs that want to eat the ornaments and 2 cats that want to climb the tree I just can't do it any sooner. We take it down a few days after christmas too. I can only handle a week or so of trying to keep everyone out of the tree-lol.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 8:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• usually I do it on black friday, after I get home from shopping-- last year the kids and myself got too impatient and put it all up the week before thanksgiving! I will probably wait till Black Friday this year though.
    sarahdicksonjr

Answer by sarahdicksonjr at 9:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• The day after Thanksgiving if I'm not out of town if so then the day after we get home , and we take it down after New Years Day
    Jacqalyn

Answer by Jacqalyn at 9:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• 23rd of December, and we take it down the day after christmas. i get tired of fighting the kids and dog away from it.
    MamaDiedrich

Answer by MamaDiedrich at 10:33 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• The day after Thanksgiving when we're all waddling to the nearest chair, filled to the brim with all the yummy leftovers. That's when we go through all the Christmas decorations and start putting them up for the coming Holiday.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:49 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Usually the Saturday after Thanksgiving we go and get our tree and decorate it. Throughout the next week I get all the other decorations in the house put up.
    Anonymous

• I will start to look for a tree around Dec. 1st. I'm allergic to pine, but don't believe in using fake trees that have been made with plastics or other pollutants. So, we buy a small potted tree (about 2-3 feet) and decorate it. We then care for it through winter and plant it come spring. It's our way of giving back to Mother Earth, instead of taking from her for unnecessary and selfish reasons! Once we find a tree we love, we will decorate it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:06 AM on Nov. 2, 2009