how do i get my 2.5 daughter off the bottle and start drinking juice

she only wants milk

sambre

Asked by sambre at 8:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Start by not giving her the bottle anymore. She'll cry for a day or so but she'll get over it. Not having juice is not a bad thing, just make sure she's getting vitamin C from fresh fruits and veggies.
    Anonymous

• I just simply took the bottle away at 1 and he did fine. He was already using a sippy cup from time to time so that did make it easier. Is she using a sippy cup at all? As for juice, just try it, she might like it.
    mama2conor

Answer by mama2conor at 8:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Will she drink water? Perhaps you could see if she would take one of those sports sippy cups? Maybe you can let her pick a special one to drink from throughout the day. You could also water down the milk until it is less appealing and only offer her bottle during naptime and nighttime until she is accustomed to the sippy cups. If she is thirsty enough, she will drink from her big girl's cup. It will take a while and a lot of protesting. If she does not like juice, water will suffice and is even healthier. My son only gets bottle during naptime and bedtime now. He loves water and hates full strength juice so we water down his juice all the time. Nuby has a lot of different sippy cups option. They have straws, soft sprout, hard sprout, sports bottles, etc. GL.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 9:02 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• easy you thorw it away, is not that hard, she wont die trust me yeah she ll be mad. i quit my dd coldturkey at 12 mts. no problems. the longer you keep her in the bottle the more teeth problems she will have. if she is thirsty, shewill take a sippy or a regular cup
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:22 AM on Nov. 2, 2009