What is a chemical pregnancy?

I am newly preggers, and read that a bunch of women are afraid of a chemical pregnancy, what is it? And how would you know if you have one? I was due for AF on the 28th, I would be safe right??

mmoleader

Asked by mmoleader at 8:37 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A chemical pregnancy is a very early miscarriage. I had one last Dec. Some women have them and don't even realize it. They think it's just a late period. I got my BFP on Dec. 1 and started bleeding on Dec. 3. If I had waited to test then I wouldn't have known I was pregnant.
    _Momof3_

Answer by _Momof3_ at 9:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Yep to what Momof3 said. Most women don't even know they've conceived with a "chemical pregnancy". I really hate the term. Its just a cold term for a miscarriage. My doctor told me I had a chemical pregnancy and I thought my baby was dead for an entire week. When he did an ultrasound the following Monday, there were 2 sacs and it wasn't a "chemical pregnancy" at all!! It was twins!!! And I hate to say this but you aren't ever really "safe" from miscarrying. I mean, don't stress it because there isn't anything you can do about. But the only time you are "safe" is once your baby is delivered healthy.
    proud2Bmomma

Answer by proud2Bmomma at 9:31 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Ditto Momof3. I tested positive two days after the day I was supposed to get my period and started bleeding that night.
    Anonymous