clammy?

My 4 month old seems to have a bit of a clammy forehead. Anyone know if that means anything? Ive been searching online, but can't find anything for babies. She is getting over a cold (flu like symptoms).. she doesn't have a temp.. slightly lower temp. Im nervous about everything that isn't normal for her. She's been really whiney today, so I was thinking maybe she was starting to teethe and it had something to do with that?

itsbree2you

Asked by itsbree2you at 8:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't recall my son ever having clammy forehead from teething. He gets clammy mostly when he is not feeling well and has a low grade fever. Just keep an eye on her and call her doctor if she is not drinking well, acts lethargic/crying excessively, or has a temperature that you cannot bring down with tylenol. Are you sure she does not have ear infection? They can cause fevers and chills if they get too bad. My son has had ear infections that cause fevers and clamminess. If she is behaving out of character it would not hurt to give the doctors a call.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 8:53 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• She was at the walk in on Friday, and they checked her out. They said she had a low grade fever, some boogers in her nose, and a really small cough..so they gave her Tamiflu because she's high risk for the Flu and can't have the shot yet. They checked her ears and all that at the walk in clinic, so unless she got an ear infection over the last couple of days, I don't think she has one.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 8:57 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Bree, I rad your other post. I'd call the nurse line or head to urgent care/ER.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:53 PM on Nov. 1, 2009