Why can't I just feel content?

We have two wonderful beautiful healthy children. Why do I feel the need to have another? Like an overwhelming need, not just a thought or two about adding to the family. We have talked about possibly trying next year but my husband is not at complete peace with the idea, he worries about the financial aspect of adding another to the family. I respect him for that, but the want just does not go away. Our youngest will be turning three in a few months.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Have any of you struggled with this and then finally decided it was for the best not to add to the family?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i had that feeling to when my youngest son was 3 and we had our 3rd and now im satisfied and really can anyone really afford another? the 3rd one for was wasnt a huge financial burden being we had stuff left over from my older 2...maybe you should talk to your husband again and do a pro and con list im sure the pros will out weigh the cons good luck
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 9:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I struggle with the same thing. I've always said I wanted four kids and currently only have 3 (I have one in heaven also). I know I need to take a break since I've been pregnant 4 times in 5 years, but I don't want the next one to be too far after my last. My husband feels done but would have liked getting a son of his own (I have a son from a previous relationship and my husband and I have 2 girls together). I just don't feel done yet. I guess I expected to feel done after I had my last (who is 4 months), but I just don't yet. Maybe in a few years I guess we can see where we stand. Oh, and the transition from 2 to 3 was pretty easy financially actually. You are just busier as a mom.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 9:51 PM on Nov. 1, 2009