Any ideas for helping a MIGRANE Headache??

amy_sue02

Asked by amy_sue02 at 9:03 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Health

• Oh, I hope someone gives you some good advise. I have had a headache so bad the last few days. Good luck!
    presleyfan1

Answer by presleyfan1 at 9:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Ice pack, Dark room,Excedrin,
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 9:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I'm Sorry you have a migraine! Time changes help make them worse! Do you know why you have one? Stress? Menstrual? Lack of sleep? Barametric pressure/ weather? Something you ate! Not Eating? Alcohol, being dehydrated Etc.. Allergies? What do I do? Ice packs! A cat to care & purr to me! A dark room. I eat toast if I can get it down. I take 2 Aleve. I lie down! I drink Gatorade if I can! Ginger Ale with real Ginger for the naseau. I may have light soft relaxing music on! Warm socks for my ice cold feet! Also may light a Lavendar candle too. And let it work its course! I don't have any 'scripts since we're jobless and uninsured! But I feel for you! I try to help anyone I can with any tips I've discovered! My heart goes out to you! I have many Cats. My my oldest Siamese knows when one is coming on. She gives me sympathy! Usually won't leave my side! Not that I can walk or move upright at all. Bed rest, no noise or movement! G.L.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:24 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• When I have a headache midol works best wether its that time of the month or not. Hope ya feel better.
    ashlee31627

Answer by ashlee31627 at 9:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Ive had migraines for years..the docor linked my Fibromyalgia, migraines, and depression together.he said if we can control two then the third will come under contol...the migraines.he put me on Topomax, have your doctor try you on that...it also helps you to sleep better..since i dont sleep well anyway. hop[e this helps. Becky T.
    azg121006

Answer by azg121006 at 9:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Ugh, those things are worse than labor. The best thing you can do is try to figure out what triggers them, like Angellinda said. You may be able to cure them completely or atleast know beforehand to alleviate the pain faster. I knew one was coming when I got tunnel vision and aura, so as soon as that happened I took 2 excedrin migraine. It doesn't stop them but it makes the actual headache more "tolerable". The aura would last about 10-15 min, then I'd throw up a few times and rest, preferably in darkness. I finally discovered my hormonal BC pills (Yasmin) were the culprit, never had another one since I threw them in the trash. Anything could cause you to start having them, try and see your PCP if possible to figure out the issue & hopefully resolve it.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• oh yea and google "migraine triggers" it will pull up a list of common triggers, try avoiding stuff that you eat or do on that list til you can get it resolved.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:36 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• What helps me is excedrin, a warm soaking bath and then resting in a dark room
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• TOPAMAX IS GREAT! I TRIED ALOT OF RX AND TOPAMAX IS THR ONLY THING THAT HELPED! NOW I AM UNINSURED AND BED BED BED AND BED HELPS! I ALSO TAKE DRAMIMINE WHICH YOU GET OVER THE COUNTER FOR MOTION SICKNESS FOR THE NAUSEA!
    cortneydmorris

Answer by cortneydmorris at 11:17 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• azq121006 my dr also linked everything together but since all my prescripts are so expensive from Cymbalta to Estratest I just take what is called Headache Releif you can find it at Wal-Mart or Walgreens where u find the reg. Tylenol. I like Angellindas answer the best she has suffered with them for a long time.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:21 AM on Nov. 2, 2009