Could I be further along than originally thought?

So, my due date is supposed to be December 17th. However, I had an u/s done last Wednesday and they measured the baby and checked fluid. The baby's head is low in my pelvis, which is a good thing. Every measurement they took said I am 36 weeks pregnant and that the EDD is December 1st. Also, the u/s tech. said the baby weighs about 5lbs 5oz. I'm thinking this baby is gonna be here real soon! I have an appointment on November 11th and I think I'm gonna have my midwife check my cervix and stuff. I just want to make sure everything is ok. Am I worrying too much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No! You do have cause for concern. Of course every mom wants to be prepared, there's nothing wrong with that. Good luck! I hope everything goes great for you!!
    Anonymous

• Yes, you could be further along than initially thought. You could be off by two weeks in either direction of your due date. A due date is really not when the baby is going to come, just an estimate of a time frame.
    Anonymous

• yeah u could be further along that happen to me but they caught it before hand thank god
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Late term ultrasounds are known to be off, don't worry about anything. You're going to have the baby whenever it's time. Getting your cervix checked won't tell you anything else, either.
    You could have your baby at anytime in there at 3 pounds or 7 pounds...
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• My last pregnancy that I just had he was always measuring 2-3weeks ahead and they did an ultrasound at week I believe 36, and he was said to be about 5lbs something like more close to 6lbs. Well, I ended up goin into labor at 38 1/2 weeks which is 2 1/2 weeks after my last ultrasound, and he was 8lbs 12oz!!! So ya he/she could be bigger and this is my third and my last two were over 8lbs 3oz and 8lbs 7oz over 22inches long, lol If I made it to 39/40 weeks he would have been way over 9lbs cause everytime I got an ultrasound every 2 weeks they would say he was 1lb more each time and so many ozs and I believe he actually was gaining that much.
    Anonymous

• Yeah he was 9 days early, lol. my second pregnancy was 2 days early and my first was 4 days late, lol.
    Anonymous