how often should you have intercourse when TTC

my hubby and i have been ttc for almost a year. I am on clomid and its finally working (making me ovulate) i got a + on the home ovulation kit yesterday and today detecting my LH surge. the last 3 weeks my hubby and i have had sex every other day, because thats what i thought was supposed to be the best. but i have been reading that you should every day. But i thought the guy needed time to "load up" again? im so confused and dont want to miss this! So we had sex monday wed friday and this morning. Do you think im covered? i know kindad long but thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• The every other day thing is the rule of thumb. Give it a try- if it doens't work, do every day next time. Good Luck and I hope this is the end of your TTC journey!
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 9:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Every other day is correct. Also, try www.fertilityfriend.com it is a VERY detailed fertility tracker. It will teach you to read your bodys signals to know when you are ovulating. I took Clomid for 2 years..so I know what your going through! Good Luck!
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 10:09 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• We always heard/did every other day. It took 7 months with DD even with OPK. RELAX! It helps to have a glass of wine before, ahem, procreating. Good luck!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:17 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Every other day is optimal.
    Anonymous

• The dr told me days 12-20 of your cycle every other day. Good Luck
    megkel

Answer by megkel at 1:45 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I think you're covered :) We did it on a Wednesday and had an LH surge on a Friday and still got pregnant that month and I'm due in a month with that one! I think every other day is perfect! Good luck!
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 7:21 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Thanks everyone!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Nov. 2, 2009