My dd is 19 weeks old and started to eat rice cereal once a day about two weeks ago. She eats it everyday now. Can I mix it up and sometimes give her the baby oatmeal? Or does it always have to be rice cereal? Also, when can I start adding a vegetable? The dr told me to try one vegetable for one week, but do I do that in the evening because i am doing the rice cereal/oatmeal in the am???? Please advise. Also, do I give a bottle with these two, cereals and veggies??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I give her about 1-2 tablespoons of the rice cereal by spoon and it is mixed with the formula. should I be giving her more?
    Anonymous

• You should feed her the amount she wants to eat. It is ok to mix up the cereal and it is ok the add veggies. It is a good idea to start with veggies so she learns to like them before you start fruit.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 9:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I would like to add to the PP to try all the veggies you can even if you have to wash, steam and then puree them yourself. Your child will have a better appreciation for all veggies if you do this. I gave my LO beets, asparagus, and brussell (sp) sprouts all before she was one because I could puree them. She loved everyone of these foods and can't get enough veggies.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:51 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• if she hasnt had any reactions to what she has been eating u can mix it,the reason he told u on thing at a time is becouse if she has a allergic reaction u will know what caused it.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:54 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• at this age the food is for experience and not really nutritional so that being said your 1-2 table spoons is fine for now. You def still want to give your formula at these meals. That will continue to be her main source of nutrition until he is on table food at around 9 mos-1 year depending on the baby. You can add about 1/2 a stage one jar or less 1/4 cup of puree at night if you would like to. As your ped said only introducing one at a time. No need to rush the 'food' unless you are just ready to start. Technically you could hold off giving 'food' until 6 months some mom's wait even longer. Take her lead. If she likes the spoon keep it up if not hold back.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:06 PM on Nov. 1, 2009