Really nervous..please answer

I posted a question not too long ago titled "clammy", and I looked it up online, also.. and some of these people are talking SIDS and stuff and now i'm stressing big time. She does have a flu symptoms, and is on meds for it, but no fever anymore. My bf thinks im being ridiculous.. i would call the dr but he NEVER calls me back (time to get a new one).
Id really appreciate anything you can tell me! thanks!

itsbree2you

Asked by itsbree2you at 9:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried calling the ER to see if they can give you some input?
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:44 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Could you describe your daughters symptoms?
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 9:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I was going to suggest the ER as well. Or even an urgent care. I also think some Walgreens have nurse practitioners working as well. Some one has to give you some input. Hope you little one feels better soon!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:46 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• sids happens becouse the baby forgets to breath.just make sure ur baby doesnt sleep on her tummy or there is anything that could get around her head like blankets and pillows or toys.even bumber pads.if ur realy worried sleep with her until she is better. my lil one gets clammy most nights when she gets tierd. make sure she is drinking plenty and has at least 6 to 8 wet dipars.if not i would be calling or taking her in the er
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:52 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Her only symptoms right now are that she feels a little clammy on her forehead, and her legs are a little chilly..not cold. She has a little cough... one cough every 2 hours maybe. The reason they gave her the meds is because she had a fever of 100.8 on friday, goobery nose and slight cough. The temp is gone now and the goobers, I should be happy.. but there's always something to worry about.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 9:54 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Remember that there are no "symptoms" for SIDS. It is SUDDEN infant death...it happens suddenly. You can't predict it...and its not because babies "forget" to breathe...its usually because they smother themselves.

Since she is already on medication for her symptoms, continue the meds as directed until symptoms go away. If it has been 7-10 days and her symptoms have not changed or have gotten worse, then take her back into the doctor.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:00 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Thank you all for you input! I did call the ER that I took her to the other night and the nurse was very nice. She told me that the lower temp is more than likely because we had her in her diaper and just a onesie for most of the weekend, and the "clamminess" can be a sign of breaking the fever and the illness because of the meds. She also told me when to worry, like signs I should look for and then bring her in. So it put me at some relief, I will schedule her a follow up with her doctor tomorrow. Again, thanks! =)
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:08 PM on Nov. 1, 2009