how to get my 15 month old to STAY in her toddler bed??!!!

i know this has probably been asked 100 times but i need help....my 15 month old dd will cry and cry and cry bc she doesnt want to sleep in her bed. She will get out and come find somebody. How can i get her to like sleeping in her own bed? We are expecting another baby in July and i would like her to be sleeping good by then!

Mrs.Loeffel

Asked by Mrs.Loeffel at 10:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Patience with this situation. If she gets out of her bed put her back into it. Make sure that when she is at home napping that it is in her bed not on the couch or floor. If she gets up pick her up and put her back in the bed. It's frustrating I think a lot of moms go through this. I did with my son. I started laying with him until he got drowsy then I'd get up and let him fall asleep I made it a routine to read him a book while he sat in his bed to help him get used to the bed and knowing it was for sleeping.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 10:05 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Wow. my son is 18 months and still in his crib. I wouldn't have made the conversion so soon, but I do understand because you have another on the way. I'm not really sure what to do in this situation other than lie there with her until she falls asleep.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:06 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• My DD has been in her toddler bed since 12 months and I had the same problem after about a week. I continued to put her back in her bed like the PP said and after about a month she stays in her bed most of the time. I also read her a book or two before bed (while she is in her bed) and that seems to help a lot. GL
    anglgrl03

Answer by anglgrl03 at 10:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• We didn't make a direct switch. The whole conversion took about three or four months. We set up the toddler bed in his room opposite his crib. If he wanted to take a nap in his bed then he took a nap in his bed and if he didn't then he was in the crib. When it came time for bed we'd start him out in the toddler bed and if we wasn't up for it then we put him in the crib. One day he put himself down for bed while I was making dinner and that was the end of the crib.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 6:59 PM on Nov. 2, 2009