What does the white horse in Revelation mean ?

I was thinking I wasnt quite sure if I really knew the real meaning of the " White Horse " Doesn't it mean that it's the end, and Jesus is coming

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i believe the rider would be Jesus and the horse rep. unblemished holiness.
    Anonymous

• It is symbolism...white means purity and peace. The rider is basically bringing both through salvation.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 10:29 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Ditto above poster
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 11:46 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Jesus coming riding on a white horse in revelation is a symbol of swift judgment. It is what He will ride in the Second Coming. The Second Coming is to make war with the world. The first time He came He rode a donkey (Palm Sunday). That was a sign of peace. But coming on a horse is a symbol of war; the fact that it is white is a sign of a certain victory. Most generals would not ride a white horse into battle because it would be a target, but Jesus is not afraid of that, of course.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:50 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Cinnamon-mom, both Lee and Washington had white horses. A white horse is commonly the symbol of good. A black horse is generally symbolic of evil.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:15 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I always thought that the white horse was one of the horsemen of the apocalypse.
    (pale horse) the pale horse was death I believe.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 11:29 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Wow, OneToughMami, I didn't know that they had white horses. That is cool. I agree that white symbolizes good and black symbolizes evil.

Lee and Washington were both Christians. Do you think that they might have chosen white horses because of the Biblical reference in Revelation, that Jesus also rode a white horse? Maybe they did that in honor of Him? Or maybe that was just their favorite horse, LOL.

Princessofscots, yes there is a white horse in the apocalypse in Revelation 6:2, that does pour out judgment. But the most popular reference is in Revelation 19, where Jesus is described sitting on a white horse. It is at the end of the 7 year Great Tribulation, when He comes to destroy the earth and the inhabitants in it. It is a very powerful description of Him, and it gives me the chills! : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:19 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I remember a story I heard a few years back about Washington being shot when he was in battle. I guess, the horse he was riding on was shot and he later found four bullets in his clothes but they didn't enter his body. I wish I had that book I heard the story in, maybe it would say if it was the white horse that was shot.

Anyways, I was blown away at the fact that the bullets, though hitting the target, did not do him any harm.

I love learning about all that : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:24 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I have heard people reference the white horse by saying " They were ready to see that White Horse coming " I guess cause because they were ready to see jesus come back. Why then do you hear some people say that ?
    Anonymous