How long does marijuana stay in you system?

My sister who is only 15 told me that she has been smoking pot. I want to tell my mother about it because I feel obligated to look after her. If I come right out and say she's been getting high mom will never believe me because little sis gets away with anything, But if she's drug tested and it comes back positive they can't ignore it. I know for a fact she smoked on 10/9 because she told me she was high when she lost her virginity!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Health

• an average of 2 weeks in your urine/blood can be present in a hair test(labratory test only) until you cut that part of your hair off.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:08 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• three months..
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 10:09 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• it really depends on how much fat she has
    the THC rests in fat cells so the bigger someone is the longer it stay with them
    the more muscular and active the quicker it leaves their system

when i was a teen i was super bad....on probation bad
    and I smoked weed daily while on probation so i never knew when i would be tested
    i got tested one time and i had smoked like 3 days before and it came back negatve

i had a feeling i would be tested, i was really athletic, so I drank over a gallon of water every day and ran about 6 milesw the day before the test.
    Anonymous

• pot doesnt stay in your system for 3 months thats crazy.

trust me its very unlikely that it would be in her system that long if the time you know about was the last.

im in the last semester of a bachlors in criminology and an intern at the local police department.

you can always try the test but what r u going to do if you accuse her and she comes up clean?
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• the key was that you drank A GALLON of water and you body CLEANED out your system...if flushed the drugs out through you kidneys.

Just talk to her about it and educate her about the risks she is taking.

Including the people she is hanging out with.

i wasnt exactly an angel in high school and went from smoking pot to hanging out with some pretty hefty drug dealers.

so just keep and eye on her and try to be a great big sis.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I'd be more concerned about losing the virginity. Mom needs to hear she's sexually active. Just watch out for the smoking week. You can usually smell that on her clothes.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:15 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• If your a healthy person and only smoke it once it can be out of your system in about 10 days. If you smoke daily, and are healthy you can get it out of your system in about 30 days. If the person is overweight and a heavy smoker it can stay in system for a few weeks longer.

If your parents want to use drug tests to monitor your sister, the lab tests give levels in your system. You can test again in a few days to make sure that the person is stopping their use. I always thought it was just a negative/positive test until I worked in a lab and found out otherwise.
    Anonymous

• It never comes out of your hair follicles...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 10:17 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• How would one go about getting a hair test done?
    Anonymous

• Its just weed. leave her be
    Anonymous