3 years old going on 30??

So my 3 year old has started to repeat our disciplinary actions back to us. I'm constantly telling her, "Lily, what did I say?" when she nags for something or is told No a hundred times, and now that is her new response to us when we ask her for something. She'll also tell us "Don't tell me no" and "I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to so and so" when she wants something and doesn't like the answer. It's kinda cute really but I want her to learn that rules are rules and she needs to LISTEN to Mommy & Daddy which lately she seems to have forgotten! Her bio dad (not DH) and his whole family are extremely rude, stubborn and have no sense of authority. Do they all go thru this or is she turning rebellious on me??

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 10:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Oh Sweetie you're definitely not a lone . My 3 1/2 yr old is the same way and I don't know whether to laugh or cry when he does it. It's too cute when he stands there hands on hips and says "I'm talking to you , do it now" but I've also learned that when they back talk like that laughing only encourages it so I've had to bite back laughter and put them on time out for saying it while telling them the correct answer should have been such and such
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 10:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• LOL it is really cute & funny and I have to bite my lip sometimes or cover my face so she doesn't see me laughing. She'll be like, "OK, mommy, look at me, are you listening? I want 2 cookies, and DON'T tell me no!" all while waving her little pointer finger in my face. Hilarious!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• my three year old says stuff like "go to corner!"
    "listen when I'm talking to you" and she'll constantly tell other kids they have to listen or they'll go to corner.
    i don't think It's your kid, i think its every three year old, no matter what parents will admit it or not.
    Anonymous

• hahahaha tnm786 thats hilarious!! Oh i can see my lil DD doing that when she is 3....crap. lol. I'm in for it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• My lexie loo ...she turned 3.....oct-27th :) i understand completely lol

She slams her door already and says stay out mommy and daddy.
    we will check on her she will sayyy AHHHH you scared me KNOCK FIRST!
    hahahahahaha
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 4:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2009