Does drinking coffee help you lose weight?

I poop so much after drinking 2-3 cups, I've gotta be shedding some pounds! But I really am asking a serious question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have also noticed that it is in a lot of diet pills. Maybe for the energy jolt.
    OP I'm glad you're not using for weight loss. Just another coffee junky like the rest of us.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:37 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Yeah, but you have to not eat and exercise too.
    Anonymous

• OP here. Not eating is called anorexia. Not my thing.
    Anonymous

• Yes, but bulimia includes taking something that makes you crap too much. Bulimia is better?
    Anonymous

• Caffein is a diuretic, that is it makes you pee. It may also be speeding up your digestive system, since it is also a stimulant. So while you will loose water weight and probably some pounds it's not really a healthy alternative.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 10:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• OP again - I don't drink it to use it as a method to try to lose weight. I drink it because I love coffee. I was just curious to know if anyone has heard of it causing weight loss. I could afford to lose a bit, but I'd choose a healthier method. Thanks. =]
    Anonymous

• I know some people say by drinking strong coffee they lose their appetite or want to eat smaller doses... I also know several people who are over weight and drink lots of coffee. I believe too much coffee can be a source of colon cleansing you can say as it can flush your system.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 10:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Just try eating smaller portions more frequently and taking a 30 minute walk daily. I promise you will see results in a month!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2009