is it possible to bleed when your pregnet and the baby be ok?

kieramommy

Asked by kieramommy at 10:17 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• How many weeks, how much blood? It could be different things. I spotted around 9 weeks and we were fine. Some women get what seems like a period each month.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Yes, it's possible. There are many reasons for bleeding, and not all of them threaten the baby. An u/s is probably the best determination of how the baby is doing.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• prolly depends how far along you are. and how much blood i wud thnk. I did bleed a lil with mine b4 straining picking up groceries and no problems
    withastud..

Answer by withastud.. at 11:32 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I didn't just bleed, I hemorrhaged at 9 week, and then again at about 15 weeks. The first time my doctor told me I had miscarried, but I was already scheduled for an ultrasound that day, and he told me to go to the ultrasound then meet him at the hospital for a D & C. The ultrasound technician said I hadn't lost the baby. Second time he sent me for another ultrasound. Ultimately, I had a healthy 8 pound 12 oz. baby boy, who is now a healthy, handsome 18 year old college sophomore.

So, yes it is possible to bleed and have a healthy baby...even bleed very heavily.

Good luck, and warm thoughts for a healthy pregnancy and delivery.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:31 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• It is possible. I worked with someone that was pregnant a few times and had bleeding with the pregnancies. With her last pregnancy she did carry the baby to term and give birth to him, the other pregnancies unfortunately did not make it and were lost.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:06 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• if you bleed a lot go to the hospital
    Anonymous