im stuck..

i love my dh with everything i am.i want our family to work but most days i know in my heart it wont. he is very verbally abusive towards me and down right mean. whenever we have sex(maybe 1 a week) afterwards he says"well now i remember why i dont have sex with you often" and he hates that im a sahm,..tells me aftereveryfight"well then just move out" uses violence as a threat(sometimes). so heres my issue..i have nowhere to go.(and please dont say womens shelter).i moved on the other isde of the country when we married.so the only family here is his.i have no "job",no car, and no money.no where to go.what do ido?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• Get a job! Learn some skills or something. The truth is you will be stuck if you allow yourself to be stuck. It sounds like you would not be able to care for your own without him, and that is a terrible position for a woman to be in! Can you start taking online classes, or get a night job in a restaurant or something, anything??
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Do you buy groceries? Start putting back some money.
    Anonymous

• Shelters can get you home to your family so don't discount their help. You don't have to stay IN them to use their resources

Answer by admckenzie at 10:23 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Can you turn to his family? Is there any one in his family willing to help you out? Can you call your family and ask them for help. You deserve better then that and whatever his reason for his negative and demeaning attitude towards you is wrong.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 10:23 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Do you have any family at all that can help you? Or hide you? Go to or call a local pastor, look online for help, Call 1-800-799-SAFE. They can and will help you. Pray. The number is for the national Domestic Abuse Hotline. Please get out somehow. Think of your children. I lost one of my good friends to her husband who stabbed her 56 times, he used to hit her and push her around, and one day he snapped. It could happen to you or your kids. You can do this. much love to you.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 10:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• You're only stuck if you allow it. But please consdier that verbal abuse often turns to physical abuse.

I'd start putting money aside if possible. If not,. whether you want to hear it or not, head to a shelter.

And how about calling your family for help?

Answer by gdiamante at 11:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2009