He WONT keep the diaper on!!!

I am about to resort to duck tape ladies! He has been taking it off for about a week BUT if I put pants on him he left it alone. Well tonight he reached in his pants and pulled it apart so it was hanging out the front!! He is 19 months old and hasn't been in onesies in a VERY long time and I have none on hand. Is that my only solution? Do y'all have any others??

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Put the diaper on backwards. He won't be able to pull the sticky tabs off and then the diaper.
    danielle8717

Answer by danielle8717 at 10:32 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• AWESOME!! Although I should add that he doesnt really open the tabs, he just hooks his thumbs in the diaper and pushes down till it comes apart. I am going to try that tho because maybe he isnt strong enough to pull against it if its in the back :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:35 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• both my kids have done this my daughter doesnt anymore she is now potty trained but my son who is 2 does this all the time we tried the backwards thing and he would still take it off. so we have to put duck tape on his diaper evernight.
    lorenzosgurl

Answer by lorenzosgurl at 10:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• onesie?
    Carri2362

Answer by Carri2362 at 11:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Potty train.
    Anonymous

• Pushing a diaper down isn't even ALMOST a sign of potty training, Anon 10:29.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 6:44 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I've taped the tabs during my DD's phase. It was the only thing that worked for me. GL!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:44 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I use cloth diapers so when DS started this, I switched all of my dipes to snaps instead of velcro. Don't know if that helps but it worked for us. :)
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 6:53 PM on Nov. 2, 2009