Has anyone felt "Sick" after they stop Nursing completely? (feverish, weak)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When did you stop nursing? If you became engorged you could develop mastitis. You should call your doctor right away because it can get pretty severe if you are not nursing anymore and you don't get it treated.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• i havent lost my milk with my 1st daughter and im BF 2nd one now.i never lost my milk,for about 2 yrs after i was done,i sitll had some still
    mamacita4two

Answer by mamacita4two at 10:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Did you stop suddenly? Any breast soreness? Sounds like the onset of mastitis.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• mamacita4two, are you the OP?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• No soreness, I did wean. I started to wean Oct 1st and was completely done by the 14th. Since then I felt these symptoms (weakness, feverish (no fever) my skin just feels like sunburn)
    Its really weird, and I hate the fact that there is nothing concrete to answer this per a blood test or dr..
    Ewoks

Answer by Ewoks at 11:00 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Does your doc know that you recently stopped nursing? It really sounds like mastitis.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2009