17 years old at 28 weeks scared of ob/gyn!!

so i haven't found a an ob/gyn yet and im scared outta my mind about them being down where the sun dont shine!! im just wondering if theres a place where i can go to thats all women facility whom will know how to deal with myself a rape victim??

(im just wondering cause I really never had anyone down there other then the one incident)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Perhaps you could go to a birthing center? Instead of doctors you would have midwives and the rooms you birth in look more like bedrooms than hospital rooms. They're more gentle (usually) and tend to have a doctor on staff/on call incase there are complications.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 3:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Wow, its hard to make a recommendation w/o knowing the area you are in. But here is my best answer.
    Contact a domestic violence or rape crisis shelter/center. You don't have to go into the shelter to get services. Tell them what happened and they will tell you the hospital to go to. They also send a rape counslor to meet you there or take you there. There are some advantages to this as you don't have to wait in the waiting room and most hospitals have doctors and nurses who are super understanding and trained in rape. In some counties there are special rooms for the process and less tramatic than normal.
    If you choose to forgo this process (for whatever reason and it is ok) then seek out a Women's Health Organization, Planned Parenthood center or Health Dept. You will still need to explain your anxieties to them. Please do explain as you have rights and responsibilities to yourself to do so.
    Hope this information will help.
    Ladycwells

Answer by Ladycwells at 3:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I was 16 when I first found out I was pregnant - that was 30 years ago (don't guess my age)... I was humiliated, embarressed, etc.. I didn't want it either. But it's for the best of you and the baby.
    My daughter was "sort of attacked" when she was 14, she was pretty naive about everything. I took her to a woman doctor, and talked to her before hand. "She was wonderful". Even my daughter who was scared to death said she was wonderful. The doctor was 1st rate in handling my daughter and the situation.
    I have been with nothing but women OB/GYNs for 15 years now, and (nothing against male GYN's), but I so much more Like the Female doctors. They seem to listen more, and have better things in their office. They are generally more gentle and just plain understand.
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 4:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• You should be able to go to ob/gyn and request a female doctor
    megan1977

Answer by megan1977 at 12:51 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• u can usually request a female docter and itll be ok there pretty understanding usually. i was scared to i was 16 and im glad i went otherways they wouldnt have found preeclampsia and me and my baby couldve died..
    jaelynsmama07

Answer by jaelynsmama07 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• i'm 19 first baby...i was scared when i went to my check ups...i cant imagine how u feel right now i'm so sorry...but i think u should talk with different ob and see which one u feel most confy with i have a male doctor he is real gentle and caring we can sit and talk and its all coo...but u need to go and find one u like
    LuLu614

Answer by LuLu614 at 1:16 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I was 16 when I became pregnant and 17 when I had my firt daughter. I remember being scared to go to the ob dr too. You can request a female dr if that is what you are most comfortable with. Being a mother of 2 and one on the way now you kinda lose all modesty after awhile and it doesnt matter anymore. You have heard the motto "you've seen one, you've seen em all!" that is kinda where the dr's are at.
    Anonymous