Has anyone felt sick (real weak, feverish, lightheaded) after they stopped nursing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Health

• No, but then again I weaned, not cold turkey!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I remember feeling feverish and hungry all the time!!! I went to the doctor and they did a full blood count and everything was normal..just my hormones getting back to normal.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 10:43 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I weaned as well....its just doesnt make sense how I feel. I was going to the gym everyday and now i can hardly run. Thanks though :) I am still up twice a night so I wonder if lack of sleep has something to do with it!
    Ewoks

Answer by Ewoks at 10:44 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Thanks Kaceesmom. Quick question- how long did it last (when i eat my body still feels like it needs to eat, as in...Im still weak and hungry but full) Im frustrated
    Ewoks

Answer by Ewoks at 10:46 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• It took me a good 6 months to feel normal again. I gained some weight too. It freaked me out for a good 3 months though because I had no idea what was happening to my body. I guess we spent so long feeding for two that it just takes time to get back to it. What really helped me was to take Emergen-C about 3 times a day or when I was feeling tired and weak.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 10:49 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Thank you so much. I have a 22 month old and a 6 month old so I can see why my hormones are crazy. I cant tell you how much you respondce means to me. Did your skin feel like sunburn? Not sure if you remember that......
    Ewoks

Answer by Ewoks at 10:51 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Ewoks, none of these symptoms is a weaning symptom, unless you went cold turkey. It sounds like the onset of mastitis...or the flu.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I fully agree with gdiamante. You'd benefit from calling your doctor first thing in the morning and running everything past them.
    Anonymous

• Weaning doesn't cause sickness. It can cause pain and engorgement, but the problem comes with mastitis, which could happen if you "weaned" cold turkey. Sounds like it is either mastitis or the flu. I'd call you dr.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 11:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Could be flu, could be mastitis. Did you just stop? Do you have a painful spot on your breast? Call your doctor, you may have to go in for antibiotics.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 12:06 AM on Nov. 2, 2009