Count your diapers and cans of formula...

Survey: Planning on having another baby, but haven't changed diapers and made bottles for a long long time~! How many cans of formula do you go through in a month and how many packages of diapers are you going through. Help me set my planning budget please :)

aklebeyers

Asked by aklebeyers at 10:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Count on using 10 to 12 diapers a day!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 10:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• formula....13 cans approx a month....and diapers about 90 in three weeks, but it varies, and it was a ton more diapers in teh beginning but my son is 7 months now and i get the good pampers kind.
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 10:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Consider cloth diapers, you'll spend $100-$200 or so to start but then you won't be putting out any more, and if you take good care of them they have resale value. I save around $50 or more a week cloth diapering my two boys. Message me if you have questions, cloth diapers don't necessarily mean prefolds and plastic pants, they've got a new look these days =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:49 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Lord knows ill catch flack for this comment and its a comment made with good intentions, not trying to be "pushy"
    but breastfeeding is free and would REALLY help your budget out a great deal...formula is SO expensive these days, I know I could never afford it and we make decent money.
    Good luck, hope you get it all straightened out!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 10:51 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• and I ditto the cloth diaper comment, its a big money saver in the long run and cloth diapering these days isnt like it was in our grandmothers days, many advancements have been made, there are All in ones, all in twos, fitteds, pockets ect. and many of them are super duper cute!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 10:53 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• My son is just now 5 months, he goes through about 10-12 cans of formula,but breastfeeding can help reduce if not cut it out totally if you choose to do so.
    TLW514

Answer by TLW514 at 10:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• My daughter dirties about 10-12 diapers every 24 hours. I use cloth (disposable when we go out) so I've only bought about 1 package this last month, so I can't really tell you how many packs you need. I also breast feed, so I can't give an answer concerning formula usage.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:56 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• yes, breastfeeding is in the plan. I tried with my first, but I had a lot of stress. She had to have surgery at three months old, and by the time she finally made it to surgery...my production was not keeping up with her. So the plan this time is to make a second attempt at it. Though my husband thinks it will be too much on me. I think I can do it. We will see! I'll think about the cloth diapers.
    aklebeyers

Answer by aklebeyers at 11:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Sorry about your little ones surgery :(
    Hopefully nursing will go better for you this time around, just stay positive and seek out support if you need it
    GOOD LUCK!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 11:03 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• At a month old, my kids went through 6-9 cans of formula a month, at an older age they went through as many as 15 cans - it depended what kind they were on, they were all on something different, which had really different prices too!
    Anonymous