the urge to have another baby

the last year -- ever since I have had my son -- I have had alot of medical problems....I almsot died with both pregnancies, but after this last one, I had alot of problems afterwards -- I am still able to have kids ( it took awhile to get pregnant both times before, but I am still able ) ...Anyways, I feel like I am suppose to have another - like I am meant to have 3. I think I had a misscarriage before, very early on int he pregnancy, years ago...so maybe that subconciously makes me think that, I dont know.

But I know health wise, I should not have any more babies, but I cant help but get upset whenever I think about what I am not going to experiance anymore. And i always though - you only regret the ones who didnt have, not the ones you did.

has any one else ever felt this way -- did you have another?

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 10:47 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• After I had my second I truly thought I wanted another. Then reality kicked in for me, as much as i think I want another I want me back. I have been preggo or nursing for the last 4.5 years and I want me back. So if there is to be another then God is going to have to do something big.

But considering that you have a lot of medical issues. Give it time, and think of it this way. What would your current family do without you? If you are meant to have another, it wouldn't matter what you do you will have another. And there is always the option of adoption to have another child without putting your health at risk.  Talk to your hubby and see what he says, follow your heart.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:05 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Awww. I love Devil's answer <3...just to share: I always wanted 3 but had 2 very close together and then decided I would wait since it was very hard having two very close together. THen after waiting, I kept appreciating the life we had now and knowing that starting over w/babies would be hard. So I never had anymore and looking back it was the right decision. I followed my heart and aI do not regret it. 2 was right for me and 3 was just a number in my mind. Don't get me wrong, I still got (and can get) the baby bug - certain times of the month it's not in my best interest to hold a newborn if you know what I mean! That baby head smell gets me everytime. But it's not like a longing I have or anything like that. God knows what you can handle and trust him and your gut. Time will tell Mama, don't worry about it and focus on enjoying the precious ones you have now, it will be what it was meant to be....
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 1:11 PM on Nov. 2, 2009