Anyone a member of MOPS?

I went to the website and every time I got to join a group it doesn't send me to the page. grr I need help! lol I want to take my DD to little groups so she can interact with other toddlers and so I can meet some people!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• MOPS isn't a playgroup. They specifically tell you not to bring your child. The ones in my area don't even offer child care. I called about it, and they acted shocked that I didn't have child care for my six month old. they acted shocked when I asked if I could bring her. In fact, they were all around shocked I had kids that needed caring for. It was odd.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 1:33 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Personally, the women I've met who are involved with it aren't my kind of people. They were very...snotty to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• That isn't true. MOPS is a "playgroup" of sorts - at least in my area. The moms have their "playtime" (different speakers would come, or we would play bunco, enjoy brunch, etc) and the kids had their separate playtime with age appropriate classes and caregivers. I'm not currently a member, but was when my children were younger, and probably will be again when my 11 month old gets a little older. It was a wonderful place to meet other moms, and I made several lasting friendships.

Answer by missanc at 8:16 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• See if there is a local Moms Club Chapter in your area I have been a part of it for a few years now and they have weekly playgroups and outings for kids and there is normally a monthly moms night out. Good Luck.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:20 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Try contacting several. My MOPS groups has MOPPETS childcare and it's a lot of fun for the kids. You're encouraged to bring them.
    DaphneMae

Answer by DaphneMae at 8:31 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I second the MOMS Club vote. Children are welcome at all activities except for the MOMS Night Out, which is once a month. It has been a real life saver for me when we moved to a new city and didn't know anyone. I've made some great friends and have others to socialize with instead of pouncing on DH as soon as he walks in the door from a lack of adult interaction. We're in two playgroups for DS (2 1/2 yrs old), so he's learning those social skills and has some of the sweetest little friends. It has exposed me to the area by going to activities that I might not have ventured to by myself. We love it and can't say enough positive things about MOMS Club.
    http://www.momsclub.org/
    The "chapters" page will give you links to chapters in your state.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 9:06 AM on Nov. 2, 2009