Pagans- Do you do a ritual or say something to the tree before you cut it down for Yule/winter solstice?

i cant find the site but i think i saved it some where lol. there is a ritual or something that tells you what you could say to the tree before you cut ut down. my husband, the kids and i are going to cut down our first tree at a family farm near by. Im very excited but i would like some opinions from you ladies. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:51 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• http://paganwiccan.about.com/od/yulethelongestnight/a/TreeBlessings.htm

I think this is what you need.. hope it helps.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I do not cut a tree down. In fact I can't understand why anyone would. Instead I prefer a more earth friendly option. We buy a small potted tree. Keep it through the winter and plant it in Spring. For me it solves a number of issues. I am allergic to pine, but a small tree will not affect my allergies as long as my DH does the watering and decorating and what not. The smaller tree (usually around 3feet) isn't enough to bother me that much. Plus, it doesn't have the chemicals or solvents that a fake tree has. And we can plant it in the spring as a gift for the earth... Of course if you prefer a larger tree, this option doesn't work so well. But I believe our sacrifice of not having a large tree is better than that of cutting down a 30, 50 or 100 year old evergreen!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:02 AM on Nov. 2, 2009