• In the Spotlight:

how do you tell your parents your pregnat

so my husband and i have been together for over 3 years and married a few months and now we think we may be pregnat. My parents are divorced and one set is on board and the other doesnt like to fact we are ttc and his parents are ify so how would you tell them you are?

MissieB.

Asked by MissieB. at 11:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• WE told ours at Christmas. We wrapped bibs that said i love grandma and I love grandpa. It was actually really fun that way.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:29 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• why wouldn't they want you guys ttc? That's really odd to me, sorry.... jsut tell them... it's not their lives it's yours and your dh.... Congratulations by the way!
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 11:29 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• You're adults, you're married, I don't see how they should get a choice to 'be on board' or not. If you want a child and are physically, mentally and financialy able to care for that child, they don't get an opinion. I'd just pretend you didn't even know they weren't on board. There are many cute way to tell them. You can send them a picture of the ultrasound with a congrats.. you're grandparents note inside or if you have an older child you can send them to see grandma and grandpa while wearing an "im going to be a big brother/siter shirt' , or think of something else creative! Whatever you do, have fun with it and ignore any negative comments!
    TilmannsGirl

Answer by TilmannsGirl at 11:29 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• for my son we gave my grandma a "thank heaven's for little babies" bib and a baby rattle for her birthday most of my family was there for the party so it covered most everyone. The rest of the family we called and told them. for my current pregnancy we told the different parts of our family be sending mother's day cards signed by myself, my husband, our son and ???. They got the hint. You may want to wrap the bibs for Christmas as a previous poster suggested, send thanksgivings cards signed with your names and ??, or make a dessert for the holidays with the words "we're pregnant" written on it in frosting (maybe Christmas cookies)

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Who cares? You guys are happy and even if they're not thrilled about the idea, I swear when that baby gets here they will be whistling a different tune! :)
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 7:19 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Like the PPs said, be creative and fun when you tell them and be happy about it. This is GREAT news! Even if they are still apprehensive about it when you tell them I bet they will be so excited when they finally see the new bundle of joy!!!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 3:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2009