When/How can you get a c section early?

im in alot of pain.. may have pre e and am just wondering when can you set up a section and how early can they do it? I am hoping at least three weeks before my due date... PLEASE HELP!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was allowed to be induced at 39 weeks and was gonna be scheduled for the baby to be turned around then unduced and if it didnt work, then they was gonna let me have a c-section. Well, 4-5 days before I was supposed to go to the hospital I went into labor on my own at 38 1/2 weeks and had him c-section cause he was pushing down all day with his feet and I didnt think anything of it and it began to really hurt then cause contractions and when they started I went to the hospital and I was already dialated 6-7cm!!! I was shocked and he was still sideways,waaa but was 8lbs 12oz, too much pain the c-section was, never again, no more babies, lol.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like a bad idea. We are all in pain the last few weeks of pregnancy. See your Dr if you think you are suffering from pre-eclampsia. They know what the right thing to do is. The last few weeks are very important for your baby. Why cut it short? Not to be rude, but this sounds very selfish of you. You are only thinking of yourself, not what is best for your baby, not exactly the best way to go into motherhood. You got to make ALL your decisions based on what is best for your child, especially one that affects him so directly. Why risk him getting an infection and needing to be in the NICU? I really hope you have a smart doctor that will not allow you to have an unnecessary early c -section.
    aprilmommy123

Answer by aprilmommy123 at 11:35 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• one him being born at 37 weeks isnt a big deal... I already have one child so my decisions also effect her. and how fair is it for her mom to not even be able to pick her up because she is in that much pain.. its not like i am asking them to take him now at only 30 weeks... tyvm
    Anonymous

• No pregnant woman is supposed to be picking up their older child. That is something every older sibling has to deal with the last few weeks of their mom's pregnancy. Waiting the extra two or three weeks won't be a big deal for big sister. She can still sit with you and lay with you. She doesn't need you carrying her around. Also with a C-section you won't be able to pick her up for at least 6 weeks. Your stomach muscles will be cut open and lifting anything over 10 pounds can cause ALOT of pain and risk opening your stiches. So getting the surgery early won't magically make things better for your or your daughter.

Plus the risk of having a baby at 37 weeks is stiil there. Maybe not as high as having him at 30 weeks, but there is a risk. Do the risks outweigh the benefits? Would it be worth it if your baby did have trouble due to being born too early? This is what you need to ask yourself.

aprilmommy123

Answer by aprilmommy123 at 11:56 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• for one, yes she does still need me to carry her around.. im sorry but she isnt gonna suffer just because her brother is coming, and the docs have already said I can carry my own kids even if I do go through with a section.. nothing is gonna stop me. and for two, i asked when i could get one, that id like one at 37 weeks, but the question was WHEN..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Ask your doctor when you can. No one here on Cafemom is preforming the C section. How would we know? No one here knows your medical history. We can all pull a number out of a hat if you would like. Ask your doctor what is safest for you and your baby. That is where your answer is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• "I am hoping at least three weeks before my due date... "

Anything before 3 weeks is dangerous. Anything before the BABY is ready to be born is selfish. I agree with anon. Ask your dr. What can we tell you? We don't know.
    Also what are you? Superwoman? No one is supposed to lift over 10 pounds after any sugery, ESPECIALLY abdominal surgery. Makes me wonder if that is really what a doctor said to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• my oldest is only 14 mos, and i am used to carrying her, so yes he did say i can carry her, i just cant bend down to pick her up. i was carrying her and her carseat around after she was born... from the day we were home. the at least thing was that was the earliest i wanted. if not thats fine and I will deal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• my first csection was at 37 weeks, and my second was at 35 -- both because of preclampsia...

but my friends got induced early because her husband had a 2 week long drill ( military) ...so her Dr induced her 3 weeks before her due date, so they could be sure that he didnt miss it.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:44 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Your OB will deliver your baby the moment they think it is necessary.It's not like setting up a hair appointment. And a c section is a second choice. An OB will first try an induction unless an immediate delivery is necessary for you or your baby's health. And by that I mean within the next 30 minutes because someone may die. Otherwise, if you are physically able to deliver your baby vaginally, don't count on a c section. OBs have been taking a lot of heat for unnecessary c sections and inductions and have been scaling back.
    asiamommi

Answer by asiamommi at 1:21 AM on Nov. 2, 2009