What are the chances my Doc might induce me earlier than my due date?

I've had such extreme pelvic pain they've decided to put me on bedrest, and I'm taking muscle relaxers- one pill twice a day. I'm not a whiner... I'm really not. But I can't even go from laying to sitting. It just hurts.

Anyways, I have two toddlers at home and I'm useless to anyone... I can't clean my house, cook dinner, hold my sons... it's really hard on everyone. I'm usually pretty active.

Because of my pain, my immobility, and the fact that I can't WAIT to hold my first daughter, does anyone know if my doc might consider inducing labor a few weeks early? Like maybe 2? even 1? I tend to carry right on time... I don't naturally go into labor early. But idk... maybe I could bring it up at my next appt? I'm 33 wks along....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yeah, inductions are really getting slammed in the OB world.They won't be easy to get anymore.
    asiamommi

Answer by asiamommi at 1:24 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Well, the ACOG currently recommends that inductions not be attempted before 39 weeks, unless medical circumstances dictate otherwise. Considering the pain/medication factor, it's possible your doctor might be willing to induce at 38 weeks or so, you'll have to ask.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 11:49 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I'm sorry that you're so uncomfortable. : ( You should bring it up to your doctor at your next visit, but more than likely your OB won't be able too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I was in such horrid pain with my first daughter I could barely walk...my hips & my lower stomach hurt so bad & my back. I could not walk up the steps in our house. I literally had to crawl on my hands& knees (and only bathroom was up there!) When I cried to my OB about it his response was "it will get better after you give birth" & that was it. I had her day before her due date.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I feel like I'm going in circles with my doctor over this pain. I don't WANT to be on meds if I can avoid it because I'm not a fan of that. But I've tried EVERYTHING. Hot/cold compresses, this chiropractic "release" thing she taught me, tylenol, hot baths,stretches, exercises I mean you name it, I do it. In fact I spend my day rotating all the "remedies" they've given me. She finally perscribed the muscle relaxers but it's just not doing anything. It sedates me, but doesn't even ATTEMPT to help with the pain. My muscles don't need relaxed... they're entirely non-functional! And it's my BONES that hurt.

Anyways, I called the doc last week to talk about my medication and she bumped up my appt to next friday and said "If the pain gets unbearable go to the ER". Well I've been to the ER and they won't give me anything. So it's pointless to go. I just want this to end! The pain is like nothing I've ever felt!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• See if you can find a chiropractor who does "intersegmental traction." It's not as scary as it sounds. Actually, it's a bed with a mechanical roller inside. I had sciatic pain during my last pregnancy and this treatment was AMAZING. It got the vertebrae in my lower back lined up correctly, taking some pressure off the sciatic nerves, and it also moved baby off the nerve on my right side. All I had to do was lie on my back with my feet up for 10 minutes. Totally worth the $80 for an exam and treatment. Mine wasn't nearly as severe as what you're describing (which sounds really awful) and the treatment worked for a good four weeks before I needed to go back.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 1:28 PM on Nov. 2, 2009