how am I to get back into the dating world?

I know that you just have to be patient for Mr Right, and I am its just meeting guys can be trying when your taking care of your kids.The internet thing is not proving its worth, I see some potentials but they dont want a girl thats divorced with kids.Are females more excepting of a guy with the same history or am I just not seeing something?I definitely know God has the right man out there for me and my kids but am I taking this in the wrong approach and if so can someone fill me in on the proper route.Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband always says (and I agree) go for what your dreams and aspirations are and you'll meet someone along the way. He and I met at church, and still go together, 8 yrs later.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:59 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• When me and my guy broke up, we have a four year old daughter, I was so afraid no one would want me. No one asked me out forever. It wasn't that I had a daughter, because they didn't know. It was most likely how depressed and unhappy I was, and insecrure. When I stoppped worrying, I got asked a lot more. I became more comfortable being single, and carefree. I think you can meet guys anywhere. I work at a grocery store and get asked out a lot. I think it's a more comfortable enviroment. It's hard to get out when you have kids, but mabye start going out once or twice a month alone or with friends to a wine tasting event or museum, or take a cooking class. Your bond to meet someone.
    cwaters13

Answer by cwaters13 at 2:03 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I don't know what sites you've tried, but I use okcupid and plentyoffish. I find guys who are willing to date a woman with kids. I also find that putting it in my profile that I am divorced with 2 kids tends to help avoid the problem of find men that don't.

I also make sure that I am completely happy on my own, without a man, so that he sees that confidence and happiness and is drawn to that. When I talk to them, be it instant message, on the phone, or in person, I keep things light and I don't really allow myself to think about whether or not he could be "the one", if we'll have another date, will we get serious, etc. I just think of it as he's a nice guy, we're having a great conversation, and we'll see what happens after that.

Instead of looking for Mr. Right, try thinking of it as looking for some new friends. Sometimes you put too much pressure on the situation w/o realizing it. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:05 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• In the bible Paul speaks to those that are single & tells them NOT to look for a husband. Do you not realize how lucky you are to be single & have your children? Being married to Mr Wrong is WAY worse than not being married. If there is a Mr Right, you won't miss out on him because God is in control. Live your life for the Lord & he will take care of the rest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:24 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• One more thing...I have children from my first marriage but would not date a man that had kids. This is said right up front so he knows what he is getting into.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:26 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Put your kids first, when you have small kids at home you should not go looking for a man yet.
    This is the time you take to make yourself strong. You do not need a man to make you happy.

Man hate women that are needy.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:04 AM on Nov. 2, 2009