im not pregnant and my breast hurts

For the last month my right breast, almost directly under my armpit has been hurting. It is right where the wire for your bra sits along the side of your breast. It is not caused by my bra's and It hurts so badly now that I cant even do a self exam. I went to the doc on thursday she checked me but didnt say whether or not she felt anything odd. She said they would call me with a mammogram and ultrasound appt. and never called. Even after I called them on Sat. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Any advice is welcome and appreciated. Btw I am 22 and have a history of cervical cancer in my mothers side of fam. and not sure about fathers side. I just get scared at any lil thing am I just being paranoid?

ChantelC

Asked by ChantelC at 1:16 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Health

• A littel paranoia is a good thing with your family history. Keep calling. Or better yet, go storm the castle.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:21 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• My left breast gets crazy sore and a little swollen right before I get my period. It has never lasted all month though. I suggest you call the Doctor back in the moring and demand that appointment! Until then try some warm compresses or a hot shower.
    nikkib4407

Answer by nikkib4407 at 1:23 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• You definitely need to make them listen to you, better yet find a new doctor. You deserve better care!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Mine also get sore during the month. I hope they get back with you!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:51 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• *In defense of Dr's offices* It sounds like your Dr is doing right by you. :)
    It usually takes a few days to get an appt like that. (for them to call back) Most likely it wil be the radiology dept who will call you back with an appt. Unfortunately anything they do like that they have to approve through the insurance, and if they say no, let you know how much it will cost. I was the scheduler for things like this, dealt with the insurance companies and the patients. They cant just make the appt (unless it is deemed emergent ) without checking or the patient may be stuck with a huge bill if the insurance ended up denying coverage on it. which then the patient would be pissed off at the Dr office for. BUT I would def call Tue or Wed if you havent heard anything and see what the progress is. Usually they are waiting for insurance Pre-authorization to go through. Insurance companies can be slow. Good Luck and hope all is well!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Nov. 2, 2009