Water intake

How do you keep up with the 8-10 glass intake? Any tips?

mommacierra

Asked by mommacierra at 1:57 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Carry a water bottle around all day. I also try to drink a glass after every time I pee, I just makes me pee more lol, but then I remember to drink more too!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:01 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• In all honesty 8-10 glasses is a bit excessive. But yeah I remember my oB pushing it on me too. Carrying a water bottle around seemed to be the best way for me.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:00 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I get tired of the taste, so I add those little personal sized powder mixes a few times throughout the day. Breaks up the monotony. I have a glass that I keep at home that is exactly two glasses of water, so I sorta "Reward" myself. One water glass, one with a drink mixer (there are lots of varieties that are good for you... so you don't have to do the koolaide or crystal light!!) another glass of just water, and another with powder... and then there ya go!! 8 glasses!!!

I also found that when I stopped drinking so much water, and cut back to like 6 glass or w/e, I felt thirsty all the time. And I felt like I craved milk, or apple juice. So when I had a craving for something else, I'd chug a glass of water, and see if the craving went away. It usually did.

It's also common to mistake thirst and hunger (kids do it a lot!!) so when you feel hungry, grab a glass of water, drink that first, and see how you feel.
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 9:10 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Our glasses are 16 oz so I would just make sure I drank at least 4 glasses of water during the day. I usually drank 5, though.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:24 AM on Nov. 2, 2009