Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What could this be?

I went to the doctor today. I had to wait until the one I wanted to see was at the clinic I go too. I have been in pain, all down my front and sides and back.( Trunk and abdomenal pain.) So, I go in, he pushes on my liver/gall bladder region- terrible pain, kidneys-same, ovaries-same, all my inner organs when he pushed on them it was excruciating pain. He said, "we need to do a pelvic." So, he does the pelvic exam and while pushing from both sides, I am screaming it hurts so bad. He said ohhh your uterus? I said NO from the outside, the inside doesn't hurt. He kind of looked at me wierd. He kept pushing on different areas from both the inside and out. IT HURT so badly. He said my abdomen wall is inflamed. He doesn't know what could cause that or what to do. He said, go home and take anti inflammatories and is referring me to a rheumatologist.
What are your thoughts?????

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Health

Answers (4)
  • I have no idea, but I would definetly get a second opion if they don't answer all your questions.

    Answer by cwaters13 at 2:12 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

  • I think you need to have some pix taken and bloodwork. Not sure why a rheumatologist. If he didn't tell you why that specialist then call up and ask. Maybe try going to a specialty clinic where that type of specialist is located plus other specialists in other fields in the same practice.

    I've had pinched nerves plus separately an ovary nonfunctioning from endometr. encircling it - very painful events tlhrough out my body. Don't let this slide if your pain diminishes. Be strong and get taken care of.

    Feel better!

    Answer by lfl at 2:14 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

  • You are going to a rhuemotologist because it doesn't hurt on the inside only the outside. It could be in your bones or joints.

    Answer by OneToughMami at 2:44 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

  • OP here: I'm sorry. I also have some sort of autoimmune disorder. They have not been able to determine what, they just know some of my blood work came back as such that it needs to be monitored.
    I am seeing a rheumatologist because he thinks this is related in some way to that disease. I forgot to mention that I am also having speech and memory issues. He is referring me to a neurologist for that.
    My frustration is this: I cannot find anything anywhere that says it could just be the abdomenal wall.
    It has to be SOMETHING. Ether in the wall (fat, muscle, veins arteries ect) or an organ. OR it can be an infection. I am not sure, he is not sure and I know this guy, He will go home and do the same thing I am doing...looking for the answer. :)

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.