Mirena IUD and Breast feeding.

Are you on it and BFing? I have my six week check up on Friday and want to talk to my OB about getting it put in. Also if you don't use Mirena what do you use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i cant help you with the breastfeeding part cause im done with that (sad) but i use mirena and i like it because you dont notice it AT ALL so thats great....but it makes my periods so sparatic that i find myself worrying and praying that i will get one...it almost makes me afraid to have sex!!i mean i want to take a pregnancy test at the end of every month just in case! im debating on whether or not to take the pill...i know i will forget to take it....im torn! good luck
    LadyDahl

Answer by LadyDahl at 2:51 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I am breastfeeding and I had the Mirena put in four weeks ago. So far I have had no problems concerning the breastfeeding. My daughter is still peeing and pooping like a champ! It seemed to me that the problems were when the progesterone birth control (Mirena, mini pill) were used before breast feeding was well established. As long as breastfeeding is going well for you at six weeks, I think you should be fine.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:36 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I used the Paragard IUD. I just don't like to use anything with hormones, because it makes me a little nutty around when I get my period. My experience wasn't the greatest though, as the IUD aborted. It was removed just about a year after it was placed. I'm currently trying to decide what BC method to use. I am still nursing, but my son is over 2 years and only nurses like 1-2X a day so I'm not worried about supply issues. I might get my tubes tied, as I'm 30 and have 2 kids, but I'm not sure. I might get another Paragard, or just use condoms. I have an appointment with my OB today actually. Sorry I hijacked your question!
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:50 AM on Nov. 2, 2009