my daughter was 5weeks

my daughter was 5 weeks early but weight the same as a full trum baby but she was really small like 1/2 there size will her devlopement be ok or will she be behind please help and one more question when she poops it comes out hard at first then goes soft is that ok

mom_of_2_2009

Asked by mom_of_2_2009 at 3:36 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Her development will probably be behind, but she'll catch up eventually. What do you mean though, she weighed the same as a full term baby but was half the size... that doesn't really make sense. She was short?
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:38 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Every baby is different
    My sister was very very early and was?is very advanced
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:11 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• was/is***
    Mrs.Owen86

• She might be slightly behind.... just adjust her age to when she should have been born to see if she is meeting her milestones. But it won't be longterm... she likely be all caught up by the time she is a year if she has any delays at all.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:29 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• There is really no way for us to know if she will be behind or not. Even if she were full term, there would be no guarantee of that. As for the poop, are you FF or BF? How hard are we talking here?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:44 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• My son was born 6 weeks early. And his development is just fine. The doctor told me that she thinks that he seems advanced for his age. He is 5 months and can roll over both ways. He scoots. He is eating cereal (not in the bottle) He is also trying to get into the crawling position. So every baby is different. My friends son was late and yet he cant even roll over from his tummy to his back and he is i think 8 months. So dont worry about it. As for the poop thing im sure you have to give your baby the vitamins and that has a lot of iron in it and it can cause constipation. If that happenes you can give a little juice in a bottle but you cant give them more then 4oz a day. And it dosnt take much to help either. But if you can and its not hurting your baby to poop. Then hold off on the juice. Its best not to give it to them till they are at least 2 months old. Good luck and dont worry so much. Your baby will be just fine =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Nov. 2, 2009