in biracial babies

how exactly does skin color for a half caucasion half african american baby work. i know theres really know way to tell, all the ones ive seen have been kinda in the middle if u get what i mean. but have u seen any where you could tell they were biracial at all?

reason i ask. a girl i work with is pregnant and shes african american and her BF is caucasion. shes got a son from a previous marrige whos father was also black and hes darker than her lol. we're all wondering how her new little one will turn out :) just a few weeks to go!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Honestly it is none of your bussiness of what her child looks like.
    Why does it matter?
    Just wait and see instead of trying to figure what a biracial baby looks like,
    It is just like any other baby you reall wont know til they are here
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:17 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Her question is posted in "Just for Fun" anon...

The darker genes are usually more prominent so the cances of taking after mommy are very high. I would guess that the skin would be lighter than the sibling or mother though. I have seen quite a few instances where baby took very much after the caucasian parent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:24 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• So
    Just because it is in just for fun doesnt mean it is any of her bussiness of what someone elses baby look slike and she still will have to just wait to be nosey
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:34 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• wow even "white" people come in different shades. Personally I think bircial babies have the most beautiful skin shades out there. But to answer your question the baby should be darker than dad but lighter than mom but genetics is a mysterious thing.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:31 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• What will be fun is when the child is old enough and looks at the Dad and say's "Why are you white Daddy"? I'm glad our children don't have to go through that confusion...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I have a friend who is biracial but looks white, not a mix at all. But then, her brother (same parents) doesn't look biracial either, he looks completely black. People always give them really funny looks when they tell people they are siblings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I agree with anon :45. It all depends. Biracial children can be anywhere on the spectrum, from white (my sister) to really dark (my DHs brother) My sister and I were wondering what HER children will look like- she's very light skinned mulatto and her boyfriend is white, but her father was very dark. I guess we'll see!
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 9:03 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• My brother is as you've described. The only way to know he is half white is to ask him. Otherwise, he looks like a black man.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:08 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Anon :43, I must address this! My brother never had confusion. My kids never had confusion. We are a family of many colors and races, and that's just how families are for us. It's what the kids grow up knowing and loving, so it's their norm.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:10 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• it all depends on the random genes they get. i knew a family who had mixed kids but the mom was pure sweedish and her kids had blond hair and blue eyes and the lightest tan to their skin, they would tell the other kids they were mixed and they didnt belived them...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:29 AM on Nov. 2, 2009