Has anyone found stretch mark cream that actually works?

jenae_gist

Asked by jenae_gist at 5:02 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• HA!

Oh honey, I've tried the expensive, the cheap, the once a day, the once a week, the serum, the Walmart, the Bath and Body Works, the internet order, the 4 step program.... I even started with the cocoa butter a good YEAR before I even GOT pregnant.

I couldn't tell you if my stretch marks maybe could've been worse... but I can't imagine they could get any worse... Cocoa butter and stretch mark cream is fools gold... IMO.

I will say that the creams helped with the itching. And after I HAD the baby, I started doing some tanning and you couldn't even see them. Even the spray tanning (if you don't feel comfortable doing the beds) thing helped cover up the purple... and later the nasty scrunched up "wet paper sack" look, which is ever so attractive! That's the best solution I've found after havin 3. I say it's God's curse for bein skinny before you got pregnant.... :)
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 8:42 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I never found anything that worked to prevent them. But I will say that time is a great healer. My 3rd child is 8, my youngest is 11 months. But in between, my stretch marks were almost gone to the point that I felt comfortable wearing a bikini. I've been using BioOil on the ones I have and it seems to be helping.

Answer by missanc at 8:52 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• To prevent them or get rid of them once they're there? I used Bella Bee Tummy Honey everyday as soon as I started to show. I would put it on after showering and then used a Bella Band to cover my belly because the cream is really greasy and I didn't want to ruin my shirts. I don't know if it was the cream or putting the Bella Band on over it which seemed to trap the moisture in there but I got one stretch mark and its on my side near my panty line and it's maybe an inch long. I have stretch marks on my hips and butt from before I was pregnant and my mom got stretch marks, so stretch marks are in my genes. Good luck.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:13 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I used Mother Love pregnancy belly salve and belly oil.(Motherlove.com). I was pregnant with triplets and did not get one stretch mark. I plastered it on my belly, sides, love handles and lower back in the morning and night when I got out the shower. The oil and salve is made with all natural herbs and has a slight smell of lavender to it, it's greasy and oily like olive oil but does not stain your clothes. I preferred the salve to the oil because it was easier to apply. I didn't buy it because it was all natural, I bought it because my OB highly recommended it. I still use it even when I'm not pregnant just because it keeps my skin glowing and moist; and I've noticed it works wonders on old scars. After pregnancy I used it on my C-section scar and now it's very light and smooth.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 9:40 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I used Berts bees belly butter and its not greasy at all but very thick its like putting frosting on your belly but minus the stickiness. It really started to fade the ones i have but when i stopped using it they re appeared but i would highly recommend getting that.
    Casteel_chick

Answer by Casteel_chick at 9:47 AM on Nov. 2, 2009