2nd degree tears

I just delivered my first baby on Weds the 28th. I have second degree tears and I constantly feel like I am reopening them. I have been rinsing off after using the bath room and not just drying myself after wards instead of actually wiping and using whitch hazel pads. I haven't found much if any relief with any of this. The doctor gave me Norco for it but I'm trying to stay away since it's not the best thing to be taking while breast feeding. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a different way to help with the pain or if I could use neosporen (sp) to help it heal faster. Thanks

Jessie1689

Asked by Jessie1689 at 5:36 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When did you deliver?
    I dont know about using anything but I do know taht about after a week or so it will statt to feel better. Lightly pat your self dry when you go to the restroom,.
    IDK if you have a shower head that comes down but if you do you can take a shower and rinse down there with warm water. That always helped me.
    I would call your dr about the neosporen tho .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:57 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• instead of rinsing after you use the restroom..you need to be squirting a constant stream of water down there as you pee...just luke warm water too cold will ache and too hot will make you swell.....they should have given you a bottle at the hospital but if not any squirt bottle will do....like the kind you drink from not a spray bottle....also the sitz bath always helped me they should have given you one at the hospital to take home...I was cut just a small amount and it still felt like my stitches were comming out all the time so i can only imagine what your going through but it is normal to have pain for a week or so...GL
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 6:53 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Thank you. I'll have to ask them about the neosporen when I call tomorrow to make my check up appointment. They did give me a bottle at the hospital, that was what I was refuring to as the rinsing lol. They let me take a shower but I was actually told not to take any type of bath till after my check up in case of infection. I dilivered on October 28th, last weds, I'm really hoping that it starts to get better cause I feel like I can barely do anything myself. It hurts to sit and when I do it hurts to change how I sit after. Thanks again ladies!
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 6:59 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• well after I had my son I was on a lot of antibotics b/c I was really sick and some of them say not to breast feed and I didn't know this until after I tooken all the pills so I ask how much does it go into the breast milk b/c some meds go threw more then other does.... oya I was on pill killers also my son is ok and nothings wrong with him
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 7:13 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I was given the Lanocain spray & witch hazel pads. I lined 3 pads on top of my ice pack pads & always used the spray as often as I needed. I also would suggest a sitz bath, as well as stool softeners (in case it still hurts when you go), and either a hemorrhoid pillow or boppy to sit on. I hope you feel better soon!!

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 8:08 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• When I was in the hospital they had diapers filled with ice as ice packs for moms. Once we got home, my husband made me up some of these and I would just put one in my underwear and waddle around the house. LOL! You might try that.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:31 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• If you have a boppy, sit on it. Try motrin for the pain if you are uneasy taking the prescribed narcotics. I can tell you that Norco is considered pretty safe, as long as you take it as directed or less often, and aren't abusing it. Ice does also sound like a good idea. Maybe dampen a maxi pad, and freeze it? Sounds kind of comforting.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:54 AM on Nov. 2, 2009