has anyone experenced forgetting you were pregnant unless it moved and feeling like you dont have an attachment 2 it? (please no bashing i feel really bad as it is) i already have one almost 4yr old daughter and never felt like this with her, im scared that nothing will change when my sons born :'(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:07 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was like that with my 4th daughter. I didnt forget i was preg but everytime i looked down at my belly i got annoyed. My daughter was born and i didnt really want to hold her. She is 3 now and you could never know i felt that way. She doesnt know either. I love her the same as my other 4kids. I just didnt want another baby and was upset. I am sure when your baby is born you will change how you feel, or within a few weeks.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 7:00 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Some time with your other pregnancy you dont feel as strong towards the baby. It doesnt mean that you wont bond with your baby... im sure when u see this baby it will all change. I didnt feel as strong for my sec. or third pregnancy but i love all my babies the same. Well i havent met 3 yet but im sure i will. Actually my sec. is more attatched to me than the first. I wouldnt worry just give it time and when u see your little one you'll know that u'll love it just the same.
    tiffany0317

Answer by tiffany0317 at 7:01 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Oh honey I think a lot of women go thru that, I know I am! This is my 3rd and I have my hands so full with my 3 and almost 1 year old that I forget too and I wasn't really excited until just a few weeks ago. How far are you? Sometimes when the end is getting near the excitement will set in, and even if it doesn't I'm sure it will once you're holding your new baby. Just give it time and don't feel bad.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:24 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• i nearly died bc of my pregnancy and i was annoyed being pregnant bc of it. when my son was born i felt like i didn't belong there bc he was in the nursery with many nurses that were kind of acting like i was in the way. i thought a couple of times about giving him up (it was just nerves and hormones). when i got him home i really felt like i could bond with him and then it was love. and this was a planned pregnancy. my cousin said she felt this way too and wouldn't admit till i said something once about it. just wait till you get him home and get to put those cute lil fotoball onesies on him and hold him all night, it'll be different.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:27 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I was that way with my second. I was going through a divorce and moved halfway across the country and just didn't really care that I was pregnant. I love him fiercely though.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 8:23 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Don't feel bad about this. With both my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies I'd forget on occasion that I was pregnant until I'd catch my reflection in the mirror or in a window. Then I'd think for a split second "man I'm getting fat...oh wait I'm pregnant again."

You aren't a bad person, you're just busy and distracted with being a mommy to a 4 year old. You'll do fine after the baby is here.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:49 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• i used to forget i was pregnant just cuz i really never truly believed i was pregnant until i felt him move and saw the ultrasounds. if i were u, i would just set aside some time to go to a quiet place, maybe a rocking chair, put ur hands on ur belly, look at the ultrasound, and just try to love him. imagine him inside ur belly loving u and being anxious to meet u. once u see ur baby's face, it will be instant love
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:35 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• with both pregnancies, i don't feel attached to the fetus until the ultrasound when i know/can see that it is healthy. i think it's partly that it doesn't 'feel real' and partly a survival mechanism in case anything is wrong with the fetus, i don't want to be too attached to it.
    after the ultrasound, i started to bond with both my babies.
    BUT with this 2nd one, i am not able to enjoy the pregnancy as much as with my first. i'm stressed this time around and very busy with my daughter so i don't have the energy or time to concentrate on bonding with this baby as much.
    i'm sure you'll be fine when the baby arrives (:`
    totallysober

Answer by totallysober at 1:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• to tmn286: im 21 weeks pregnant

to everyone who toke the time to reply: thank u so much for ur replies, i hope that my feelings change about this baby when it gets here
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:57 AM on Nov. 3, 2009